Random Things About Me
- Heck is her last name and her husband took when they got married. Having three older brothers, she didn't like that she had to change her awesome last name. She told her friends in high school she was keeping her name and one of them said her husband might have a problem with it. In which Natasha responded with, "Then I won't marry him." She lucked out on the first guy she dated.
- Traveling has always been a passion. She has touched Stonehenge and climbed the Glastonbury Tor in England, walked the Philosopher's Path in Kyoto, watched the moon rise in Yosemite, and kissed her true love on the Eiffel Tower.
- She's a fangirl, Her first fandom was Star Wars and it lead her to meet her husband and eventually live in San Diego (that's a story you'll have to ask). It shows to follow what interests you, no matter what anyone says. It can change your life.
- She started Stone Circle Writer's Group five years ago in Fargo and she still has meetings with her two talented critique partners almost every month through Google Hangouts. If you're a writer, find critique partners. You'll learn so much from each other and their insight are invaluable.
- For the past thirteen years, Natasha has attended and helped run tables at various science fiction and fantasy conventions throughout the US and Canada. For four years, she was involved in building CoreCon where she was a Panel Coordinator, Swagmaster, Social Media Maven, created Socials (like Harry Potter), and helped with the program guide.
- She love cats. If you're a cat person, you score extra bonus points with her by default.
- Her cooking ability is described by her husband as, "She's a witch" since she tends to ignore most measurements. However, her baking is a work in progress. Apparently, that requires science.
- She was once a country girl. The first eighteen years of her life, she lived in the middle of nowhere in a town with less than twenty people. It was one of the few places in North Dakota with hills and her husband didn't believe such a place existed. She feels most at home around trees since her first home was surrounded by them.
- Howl's Moving Castle is her favorite book and that's why her cat is named Sophie. We have no explanation for Topher's name except he's a Topher.