I have this technique of finding random things around the kitchen, and then throwing them together. This recipe is no different.
1 can refried pinto beans
1/2 packet of seasoning or 1 tbsp (I used McCormack's Fajita seasoning)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup of white rice
1/2 cup TVP
1 cup tomatoes
1 cup cheddar cheese
Sour cream (optional)
1. Cook rice as directed. Mix with tomatoes and spread onto bottom of dish.
2. Mix refried beans with TVP, seasoning, and lime juice. Spread over rice and tomato mixture.
3. Cut up tortillas into squares. Place over bean and TVP mixture.
4. Top hotdish with cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot.
6. Top with sour cream and enjoy!